Tips for Washing Fruit and Vegetables
Eating fruits and vegetables is critical to our health because these foods provide many nutrients that help our bodies to function properly. They also contribute to a healthy immune system, which improves our resistance to disease.
The best way to fruit to consume is raw or juices that contain no additives or preservatives. Some vegetables are better eaten raw and others steamed or boiled in a little water to bring out their healthy properties.
While these foods offer numerous benefits, their cultivation is often accompanied by a lot of pollution. Too many pesticides and chemicals are used on farms and even if they are for sale once in the supermarket they come in contact with new germs from the hands of workers and potential buyers.
Methods for washing and disinfection of fruit and vegetables
- Vinegar is one of the best disinfectants for fruit and vegetables. It also has antioxidant properties, which can remove harmful bacteria and thus extends shelf life. Add a cup of vinegar to a bowl of water and place the vegetables in this mixture before using them for 20 minutes.
- Mixing vinegar with lemon can also contribute to the maintenance of healthy fruits. Combine equal parts of vinegar, water and lemon juice in a spray bottle and spray the fruit with this mixture. Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
- Natural soap is a good disinfectant, but use it in small quantities and always rinse thoroughly if you have used it in order to remove any residue that can change the flavor.
- You can also mix water with five drops of tea tree oil. Let the vegetables and fruit a few minutes herein weeks to disinfect them. Dry them thoroughly.
Recommendations to keep in mind
- To remove traces of bacteria, you should wash all food thoroughly before you eat it - z elfs for cooking you need to make sure that your storage items and utensils are cleaned and free from contamination. Do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly before you start a prescription.
- Avoid the use of chemicals or hot water at the cleaning your fruit and vegetables - this can lead to lost some of their beneficial nutrients.
- It is not always a good idea to peel all fruits and vegetables before you use them because the skin may contain nutrients that are important for our health. You should always wash your peeled fruit because the bacteria present on the outside may still be able to infect the pulp.
- When cleaning vegetables such as lettuce or cabbage you need to remove the outer leaves. This is where most of the bacteria are located. Then you must wash each leaf to remove any insect debris or chemicals.
- It is very important that you make sure that your fruit, vegetables or any other type of food you eat are totally free of bacteria that can cause infection or disease. Eating foods that are not thoroughly washed Harmful and balance affect your intestines and digestive system, causing diarrhea or food poisoning. It is, therefore, important that you always have good hygiene apply during the disinfection and preparation of food.
Raw fruits and vegetables provide many nutrients to the body, such as proteins, minerals, vitamins and other substances that can be lost during cooking. Contact with chemicals and bacteria can wipe out these nutrients, so instead of avoiding eating raw food you can just follow the recommendations we have described above to remove these harmful substances and promote better overall health.