Natural Treatment for Stomach Ulcers
Ulcers are lesions in the mucous layer of the stomach. They mainly occur in people older than 50 years and more in men than in women, making patients more often to find a treatment for this problem. In this article, we will inform you about some natural and homemade remedies that can help treat ulcers.
Ulcers: what we need to know?
In some cases, ulcers appear no symptoms, but they can cause problems with the digestive system if you eat enough and drink. Heartburn, indigestion, pain after eating, weight loss without dieting and vomiting are some of the most common symptoms of stomach ulcers. In more severe cases there may also occur bleeding.
An ulcer can have several causes:
- A bacterial infection: More specifically, an infection with what is known as Helicobacter Pylori, which reaches the stomach via food.
- Poor nutrition: This means nutrients such as fatty foods, sauces, spicy foods or overeating.
- Heartburn: People who frequently suffer from heartburn, also more likely to have a stomach ulcer.
- The daily consume of alcohol or tobacco.
- The intake of certain pharmaceutical products, mainly non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, such as, for example, in analgesics (aspirin), ibuprofen and cortisone.
- Hereditary factors: People with a family history of gastric ulcers are more likely to develop them yourself.
When you think you have an ulcer, it is imperative that you visit a specialist to arrive at a correct diagnosis through different techniques. There are ways to avoid the appearance of ulcers. Doctors therefore recommend certain dietary patterns , which your consumption of coffee, tea, alcohol and tobacco (which heal properly combat wounds) is best kept to a minimum and taking medication that prevents could lead to stomach ulcers (touch not 'addicted' to aspirin or ibuprofen).
Also, it is better to your stress level as low as possible by going on vacation time or take sufficient breaks.
Recommended and forbidden food for ulcers
If you suffer from stomach ulcers or you are prone to or have they developed easy, remember what foods are recommended:
- Dairy products in general, especially milk (but not when you're cured of a stomach ulcer).
- Meat, fish, and eggs, without too much fat and grilled.
- Grains, vegetables, and noodles mixed with vegetables.
- Vegetables, mostly pureed.
- Overripe fruit, but no sour fruits (fresh, roasted, pureed or pickled).
- Beverages such as water diluted broth and soft infusions.
- Oils such as olive oil, sunflower oil, corn oil or soybean oil and vegetable margarine.
Nutrients that you need to avoid the other hand, are as follows:
- Strong, fermented or very mature cheeses.
- Fatty meats such as rabbit, fish preserves and fried or boiled eggs.
- Newly baked bread, cookies filled with chocolate, candy and wholemeal.
- Vegetables cooked with bacon.
- Gas generating vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower or even onion, peppers or raw artichokes.
- Sour fruit, fruit in syrup, topped with sugar or raw and unripe fruit.
- Coffee, tea, guarana and carbonated or alcoholic beverages.
- Butter, cream and fat.
- Pre-packaged soup, honey, pastries and cakes, concentrated broth, fried foods, chocolate, spicy sauces, dried fruit and ice cream.
Stomach ulcers naturally treat
With the two previous frames in mind you can treat ulcers in a natural way with the following remedies:
- Mix two beaten eggs with two tablespoons of olive oil . Drink this mixture several times a day.
- Drink every day a fresh celery juice , which you also use the stem and leaves. Drink two to five glasses.
- Eat every day green bananas, fried or boiled, as the bananas will help build a low around your stomach lining which protects against gastric juices.
- Consume wheat germ. Doing so restores the damage wrought by the gastric juices.
- Peel and cut carrots into pieces, mix it with a sheet of white cabbage and a glass of water. Filter all and sip it between meals.
- Peel and cut a potato. also cut three tomatoes and remove the seeds. Was a leaf of a cabbage. Add all the ingredients together in a blender and add a glass of water. Once you have mixed, filter you're all and you drink it twice a day.
- Mix a half eggplant with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of seaweed (can be found in food stores). Mix and drink half a glass of this whole with water.
- Bring a cup of water to a boil with a tablespoon molasse (syrup) and a tablespoon of chamomile. Let the whole, filter it and drink it then. The best time for this drink is the evening for supper.